الدرس العاشر .للغة الانجليزية التالتة اعدادي

الدرس العاشر

Food and Drink
Eating Habits

Sample Paragraph

I eat bread with olive oil or jam and I drink some powdered milk or tea with mint for breakfast. For lunch, I eat cucumber salad and beef tajine and I drink a cup of banana juice. I eat fried eggs or a bowl of rice and I drink a milkshake for dinner
I like fresh fish and green tea very much. I dislike sausages and black coffee
************************************************
Some useful expressions


I’m hungry


I’m thirsty


Let’s go and have some drink


Can you recommend a good restaurant


What would you like to eat / drink


Would you like some orange juice


What about some cakes


May I have the menu, please


I’d like the bill, please


Keep the change


That’s not what I ordered


May I change this


What kind of seafood do you have


What kind of meat do you have


What kind of poultry dishes do you serve


Can I get you a drink


Are you hungry/thirsty


Boiled


Grilled


Toasted


***************************************

Containers + uncountable nouns


We can add some words to make uncountable nouns countable. These words are called containers



For example we can say


A jar of jam
A can of coke.
A slice of cheese.
A bottle / a glass of water.
A loaf of bread.
A bar of chocolate.
A carton of milk.
A bag of flour.
A box of cereal
A bowl of sugar.
A pack of gum
A tub of margarine
A tube of ketchup.
A cup of coffee.
A pocket of butter.
etc